How To Prepare For Your Moving Day
Moving can be a tedious process that requires a lot of planning and organisation. Instead of leaving everything to the last minute, there are a few steps you can take to make your move a seamless process. In this article, we’ll outline a few of the ways your moving day can be as stress free as possible
How Do I Make Moving Easier?
Nobody enjoys the process of packing. However, here’s a few simple steps you can follow to make your move as easy as possible:
- Prepare your move in advance – nothing is more stressful than trying to figure out the logistics of a move at the last minute. By preparing your move in advance, you can give yourself the peace of mind knowing you have a plan in place for the day of your move.
- Start packing gradually before you move – starting with antiques and decor, start packing all of your less-important items laying around your house and store them close to your front door. Keep doing so until on the day of your move everything is already stored and ready to go.
- Hire professional removalists – if you’re in a comfortable financial position, why not call professional removalist services? Removalists allow you to sit back and relax while they do the heavy lifting. By searching around for companies in your area and comparing quotes, you’ll be able to find a cost effective option for you.
What Are The Risks of a Removal?
Although house removals can be a cost effective alternative to building a house from scratch, there are risks involved. A few of the risks are:
- Damages to the items being moved – unfortunately, the risk of your household items being damaged cannot be completely eliminated. It is likely that one or two items will be damaged in your move, however damages to larger pieces of furniture like dining tables can be expensive. For this reason, professional removalists are a good option.
- Physical harm to yourself or your removalists – lifting heavy household possessions can be dangerous. For this reason, it’s important that you take the right precautions to ensure that your removal will be a safe process. Your local house removalist company is likely to brief you on how they will carry out the move in the most safe manner possible.
What is a Good Price for Furniture Removals?
The cost of your removalist will vary largely depending on the size of the job required and the distance between you and your relocation. If you’re in Queensland, it’s likely that you removalists will charge between $85 to $110 an hour. Here are the main factors that will influence the total cost of your removal:
- The number of removalists required – smaller jobs will usually only require two removalists. However, medium to larger removals will likely require a third removalist. With a third removalist, the other two can focus on moving your possessions while the other packages and arranges them in their truck.
- The size of your home – it’s simple. The more furniture you have, the longer it’s going to take to fully relocate your possessions.
- The size of the truck required – furniture removalist companies will often employ smaller and larger trucks. Smaller trucks are effective for piano or pool table removals.
- Transit insurance – some companies will include transit insurances in their expenses, which will raise the total cost. Transit insurance is important because it gives you the peace of mind of knowing if an item breaks during the removal you have the insurance to back it up.
Where Can I Find a Competent Removalist in Queensland?
If you’re in Brisbane, you’re in luck. Train Movers are developing a name for themselves in Brisbane removals and storage. If you’re not within their service area, it never hurts to do your own research on the companies around you. By calling your local house removal companies, they will administer a free quote. With this, you can compare quotes between companies to determine the most cost-effective route for your future house removal.